27.9.04

We need to talk

Hey everyone! I found this on a blog while looking around and I found it quite interesting. I hope the guy who wrote this doesn't mind... :S

A conversation with my inner depression/doubt/anxiety:

Hello.
Oh, it's you. How unimpressive.
We need to talk.
Bored already. Are we done yet?
You've been responsible for much of the pain in my life for some time.
Oh sure. Blame me. The fact that you're fat, stupid, ugly, and unlovable has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
Let me talk. Throughout my life, I've sought validation from other people because I couldn't find it in myself. You're responsible for that.
You're fat. You're stupid. You're ugly. You're lazy. You have no friends.
I do have friends, actually. I'm blogging to them right now. Therefore, you're wrong, and probably about everything. And that brings me to why I'm here. I'm letting you go.
Sh'yeah right. How many times have you said THAT one.
I mean it. I don't know if I'll ever be happy. But as long as you're around, I won't be. I'm leaving.
Remember high school? College? Everyone around you is always hooking up and breaking up and you are left alone. You know it is you, right? It can't be anybody else. The rest of the world is not at fault.
Yes. I brought it on myself. The feelings of inadequacy, the lack of confidence, and need for external validation. That's over now.
They all say that. You love the safety of defeat and the comfort of self-pity. Without me, who are you?
I'm me, and I'm better. Anyway, I've said what I wanted. Good-bye.
Wait. Don't leave. Without you, I'll be...
Nothing. You'll be nothing. Good-bye.
I'll always be there in the background. In the base of your spine. The moment you've achieved that happiness you seek, I will leap out and ruin it for you.
Only if I let you. Which I won't. Good-bye.
Wait. Please don't leave me here...alone...in the dark.

(The door closes. The End)

1 Comments:

Blogger T.A.B. said...

I don't mind at all. If anybody wants to check out the original blog that this is from, go to http://theanonymousblogger.blogspot.com.

Hi Naty!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home